In our Floridsdorf Clinic we are among the first in Austria to implant the latest generation of wireless pacemakers, making us an international leader.
The advantages of the new wireless pacemaker are numerous:
- It is significantly smaller than previous models.
- It can be positioned more precisely using a catheter without complex surgery.
- The blood vessels and the heart with its heart valves are not permanently stressed by an electrode.
- The new pacemaker can also be removed more easily and offers less surface area for bacteria to attack.
- The battery lasts up to 20 years.
ORF and Krone.tv both published an article about the new cardiac pacemaker.
“New method for cardiac pacemakers” – Article in ORF Wien heute 4.11.2023 (available in the ORF TV-Thek until 11.11.2023)
Photo: Groh Klemens